What is Direct Emailing Marketing (EDM)?
- Direct Emailing marketing has become a vital tool for small businesses that want to send regular marketing messages.
- The initial attraction is that it’s fast and cheap.
- Direct Emailing marketing offers sophisticated opportunities to target messages to the right people at the right time and bring in serious business.
- Direct marketing via email is an ideal communication method for any small firm that relies on its website for much of its business. Email messages can highlight special offers, newsletter and new products and then prompt recipients to click through to the website.
- Email marketing done badly does present some pitfalls, however, indiscriminate emailing being seen as spam.
How we help you run Direct Emailing Marketing (EDM)?
Step 1: Building your Email Marketing list
An up-to-date database is the starting point for your permission-based email marketing strategy. Your contact list must have all the necessary information about recipients so that you can target your messages.
These recipients must have given their permission for you to send them marketing emails by ‘opting in’ on a form or on your website. Make sure you include simple opt-in tick boxes on all your marketing material.
Segment your email list into key groups of people who share specific characteristics. Group your customers according to what they have bought in the past. That way you can send targeted messages about specific product ranges to the right people.
If you don’t have database yet in China, we will help you doing some datamining using Social Media platforms in China.
Step 2: The Law on Email Marketing
You can contact customers that have agreed to receive information from you in the past. The important thing is that they must actively opt in. Sending unsolicited marketing emails, or spam, is illegal. Anyone that has registered with the Direct Marketing Association’s Email Preference Service should be removed from your contact list.
Step 3: Creating your Marketing Emails
Whether you send regular email newsletters or occasional offers, the content of your marketing emails must be relevant and useful to the recipient. Send one or two irrelevant messages and your prospects may start deleting all your emails, or even unsubscribe.
To ensure relevancy, target messages to specific segments of your database rather than the whole list. Check out responses to previous emails and also buying habits to make sure your message is reaching the right people.
Keep the text simple and give a clear call to action and a reason to respond. Encourage recipients to click through to your website.
In China, not all Direct Emailing international platforms works well. It is essential to choose a EDM platform that works well in this territory. We can help you on this matter based on our experience in China.
Step 4: Measuring the response to your Marketing Emails
Tracking the results of your email campaigns will enable you to establish what’s working and what’s not.
Key information will include: how many emails were delivered, how many people (and who) opened the email. how many people (and who) clicked through and how many people (and who) opted out.
Get your Direct Emailing Marketing (EDM) service at NetFin.Marketing!